If you received Federal Direct student education loans while going to NYIT. They have or will sell your student loans to the U.S. Department of Education if you received loans through the FFEL Program (through a local lender or servicer), chances are.
Under provisions for the Ensuring Continued use of figuratively speaking Act, loan providers have the choice to “PUT” (offer) loans towards the U.S. Department of Education (DOE). Lenders must notify borrowers if their loans have now been offered towards the Department of Education.
Lenders That Sold Student Loan Portfolios to your Department of Education
- Key Bank
- Total Degree (THE)
- Wachovia Education Finance
- Wells Fargo
- All Sallie Mae loan providers
You will have the ability to verify that your loan happens to be obsessed about the National scholar Loan information System.
To find out more, contact the Department of Education’s Loan Servicing Center, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. (EST), Monday – Friday:
- Web Site: Federal Scholar Help
- 800.4. FED. AID (800.433.3243)
- TTY (for the hearing reduced): 800.730.8913
- Areas without usage of 800 numbers: 319.337.5665
Carefully review all correspondence you obtain from a loan provider.
Unique Repayment and Deferment Tools
- Cancellation and Deferment Choices For Teachers
- Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
- Loan Repayment/Forgiveness Tools for Health and Health Professions
- Students getting federal training loans may get deferments while serving within the Peace Corps; underneath the Domestic Volunteer provider Act; so when a volunteer for a tax-exempt company of demonstrated effectiveness in neuro-scientific community solution. To find out more, head to: Federal Student Aid – Repay Your Loans. Continue reading “The U.S. Department of Education can be your education loan loan provider”